I’m a winner!
Not a Weiner, but winner!
My cheeky friend Mollie from OK in UK has bestowed me with yet another Stylish Blogger Award! I dig Mollie because she’s witty, intelligent, and I don’t feel like a total dumbass when I play her in Words With Friends. I’m proud to say I had a hand in getting her back onto The Twitter, and we’ve been slinging tweets back and forth when our 6 hour time difference allows. Plus, I have to say I’m a little bit in love with the idea of being an American living over in the UK, even though I’m sure she’d love to set me straight on that one. Go check out her blog. It’s wicked fun.
She ALSO bestowed me with Tough Mom Award, which is really cool. But I’m sure that reading about my experiences of life with twins and a spare are giving her plenty of mental birth control. Her kiddo is ridiculously cute though, so she should have more.
So. The award. And the consequential duties that come with an award of this breed. I get to tell you seven random things that you probably don’t care about. Or maybe you do! Yay random facts!
1. I hate having my ears touched. By anyone, and that includes my husband. I do NOT think of them as an erogenous zone. When someone touches my ears, it reverberates loudly in my head and drives me insane. Is that just me?
2. I don’t know how to drive a stick. Christian has taught me, but I just never practiced. Could I do it in a pinch? Sure. Do I want to? Not really.
3. I have a theory that Iowa is the center of the universe on account of the number of people I’ve met who are from there or have family there. My dad’s from Cedar Rapids, and my MIL’s family is from Estherville. Over the years I’ve known friends, coworkers, even fellow bloggers who are from Iowa.
4. I trudged through Atlas Shrugged from November 2007 to March 2008, vowing to finish it before R&C were born. I didn’t make it, although I think I only had about 300 pages left (out of over 1300, people!). I’d pretty much have to start over at this point. Yeah, not gonna happen.
5. I don’t mind folding laundry. I hate putting it away. I don’t mind loading the dishwasher. I hate unloading it. Something about having to put things in several various places turns me off.
6. I’ve never been stung by a bee or wasp, and I’m terrified of them. I either freeze up or run screaming like a little girl when I see one nearby. Man, I am really stretching for these 7 random things, aren’t I? Are you even still reading this???
7. I seriously can’t think of a 7th thing. Which means that as soon as I hit publish on this sucker and put it out for all to read, I’ll think of 27 things I COULD have put here.
Thanks Mollie for the fun awards! I’m keen as mustard about ‘em!