***Winners of the Name That Kindergartener Contest have been contacted! Check out the new collage below for the answers, and thank you for playing!***
Let me tell you a few things I remember about kindergarten.
I went to a very small private school that had a pool, horses, and a badass roller skating rink, complete with skate rental. What, every kindergarten doesn’t have that?
My teacher’s name was Miss Barrow, which we remembered by calling her Miss Wheelbarrow. She had the most fabulous Farrah Fawcett haircut. I thought she was so pretty. She got married during the school year, but I can’t remember what her new name was for the life of me.
Everyone always wanted to visit the listening station with the record player.
I could read, and none of my other classmates could, which I totally didn’t understand.
I struggled as a lefty. It seemed there were never any left handed scissors in the room, or if there were, they were rusty and falling apart because safety is totally first in kindergarten. I remember crying one day at my desk because I had immense trouble cutting out a beard for a creepy leprechaun project. Everyone else had already left the tables to move onto the next activity. To add insult to injury, I couldn’t get the damn beard glued on straight, and I pitched a little kindergarten fit. And thus my craft perfectionism was born.
This one time I found a square of green tissue paper, and during reading time I thought it would be funny to fold it in half and line my mouth with it. Until the teacher told me that now my lips were all green and I needed to go outside to the water fountain to clean it off. #embarrassing
Seems I remember some weird things about kindergarten, right? Well in the spirit of kindergarten reminiscing, some blogging friends and I present:
It’s simple – just match the picture with the assigned letter to the blogger whose blog is listed below. Other than getting to know us all better and having a good laugh at our awesome photos, you could win a $300 Amazon gift card!
Here’s my before and after:
Enter your answers here on this Google doc. Now go play! That $300 is calling your name…
Participating bloggers, in alphabetical order:
Angela of Angela Amman
Angie of Angie Kinghorn
Deborah of Ask Doctor G
Robin of Farewell Stranger
Poppy of Funny or Snot
Leigh Ann of Genie in a Blog
Greta of Gfunkified
Jennifer of Jennifer P. Williams
Tonya of Letters for Lucas
Kiran of Masala Chica
Laura of Mommy Miracles
Natalie of Mommy of a Monster (and Twins)
Brittany of Mommy Words
Jessica of My Time as Mom
Kimberly of Reflections of Now
Tracy of Sellabit Mum
Elaine of The Miss Elaine-ous Life
Sarah of The Sunday Spill
Galit of These Little Waves
Kristin of Two Cannoli
Arnebya of What Now and Why
Kristin of What She Said
Alison of Writing, Wishing
Terms and conditions apply:
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- This contest is only open to residents of USA and Canada.
- This contest is open from March 11 – 15, 2013 (closes at 9pm Eastern).
- Visit the link above, where you will be able to enter your guess for each blogger pictured. (All information will be kept private.)
- The first person to correctly match all the faces with their blog will win a $300 Amazon gift card. The two other closest guesses will each win one $80 Amazon gift card.
- If more than one person correctly matches all the faces with their blogs, we will randomly pick a winner via random.org.
- If no one guesses all the faces correctly, the winner will be the person who made the most correct guesses.
- This is not a sponsored post. Prizes are paid for out of the participating bloggers’ own pockets.
- You CAN enter more than once!
- Winners will be announced week of March 18.
Name That Kindergartner” was inspired by the “Name That DIY Blogger” contest, over at My Blessed Life.